NAME CHANGE- Life Sanctuary to Life City
Formally known as Life Sanctuary, we recently changed our name to Life City Church. Why the name change?
The idea of this church was birthed in our spirit many years ago. God was dealing with us even before we really had a grasp of where He would take us or ask of us. Then, in September of 2013 God began to put things in order for this to happen. It wasn’t until the spring of 2014 that we accepted the challenge of God’s call to move our family to Weatherford and plant His church.
Life Sanctuary was planted out of a desire to reach a city, a community that we were called to. So, as God began to build it by sending each one of you, I prayed about the long term vision & mission for this church and its effort to reach this city.
It was in the midst of personal prayer that God laid an identity on my heart for this church. That identity was to always point to our vision & mission that God placed upon my heart many years ago. As we are grateful and thankful for our beginning, I can’t help but feel the push of the Spirit to reach forward…not just slightly…but reaching into the full potential, vision & mission for this church.
I have prayed about the possibility of change and asked God to direct me as I thought it through as it relates to what would we put along side Life. My mind constantly goes back to what I preached about in our “Created For” series. The church, specifically I feel our church is called to be a City set on a hill. I believe that is what our vision & mission is for this city. We are to be an impacting light for our entire community.
There are moments in the process of this journey where God clearly reminds us that it would be him that would build his Church. Our job was to make disciples, our job was to obey, our job was to plant and water seeds but he would bring the growth. He would build the Church.
When we are tempted to be successful in the eyes of the world or even the Church we must be reminded of Christ’ mandate. He builds the Church.
We chose LIFE CITY CHURCH, to become a church that is unashamed of the Gospel of Jesus name, people who do not conform to the pattern and principles of this world, a people that truly believe in being light in the darkness, a city set on a hill, love in the midst of hate, truth in the midst of falsehood, sacrifice in the midst of selfishness.
Life City Vision: Life City is a dynamic, Spirit led church fully engaged in the mission of impacting this city with the power & hope of Jesus.
Life City Mission: To be a city on a hill that shines the light of Jesus into every corner of our community.
You belong here! We are a Spirit filled Pentecostal church that believes in the life changing power of Jesus Christ.
Life City believes in worshipping the Lord in every service as well as serving Him in our everyday lives. When you come as our guest, you will experience uplifiting services that glorify our great God. Please feel free to email us with any questions or prayer request you may have.
We look forward to you coming to worship with us at your earliest convenience.
[who we are]
Church should be a place of healing and hope. We are all in need of a Savior! So it's our greatest desire to offer worship services and care to anyone in need.
We are a family of worshippers empowered by the Holy Spirit to reach our world, one life at a time. We do this by serving our community and caring for those who we come in contact with individually.
We hold services every week, so come by and see what we are all about!
[what we believe]
- About the Bible: The Bible is the infallible Word of God and the authority for salvation and Christian living. - I Timothy 3:16.
- About God: There is one God, who is revealed Himself as our Father, in His Son Jesus Christ, and as the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is God manifested in flesh. He is both God and man. -Deuteronomy 6:4; Ephesians 4:4-6; Colossians 2:9; I Timothy 3:16
- About Sin and Salvation: Everyone has sinned and needs salvation. Salvation comes by grace through faith based on the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. - Romans 3:23-25; 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9
- About the Gospel: The saving gospel is the good news that Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and rose again. We obey the gospel by repentance (death to sin), water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ (burial), and receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit (resurrection). -I Corinthians 15:1-4; Acts 2:4, 37-39; Romans 6:3-4.
- About Chrisitian Living: As Christians we are to love God and others. We should live a holy life inwardly and outwardly, and worship God joyfully. The supernatural gifts of the Spirit, including healing, are for the church today. -Mark 12:28-31; II Corinthians 7:1; Hebrews 12:14; I Corinthians 12:8-10.
- About the Future: Jesus Christ is coming again to catch away His church. In the end will be the final resurrection and the final judgement. The righteous will inherit eternal life, and the unrighteous eternal death. -I Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 20:11-15.